We have started celebrating Mass in the churches again at the weekend and some weekdays which is great news. For those still shielding at home the Sunday 9.30am Mass at St Kentigern’s will be livestreamed on Facebook. Mass will also be livestreamed from the Oratory at 9.30am on Monday, Wednesday, Friday. Please note that the Sunday obligation is still dispensed.
Sat: 6.00pm – St John’s
Sun: 9.30am – St Kentigern’s (livestreamed to Facebook page)
Sun: 11.30am – St John’s
Sun: 5.00pm – St Kentigern’s
Mon: 9.30am – Facebook
Tue: 9.30am – St John’s
Wed: 9.30am – Facebook
Thu: 9.30am – St Kentigern’s
Fri: 9.30am – Facebook
Two ways to book: online with Eventbrite or by phone (only for those who cannot book online).
- For online booking follow these links
- St John the Baptist
- St Kentigern
- Follow the links, select the Mass you wish to attend that week (‘Select A Date’) and select the number of tickets you want to book. Only book multiple tickets for a single household who will sit together. You must enter the name of each individual person in the booking. If you are booking for someone else please make a separate booking for each household. Name and contact details for each booking must be supplied. Booking opens on Monday 9am for the following week. Booking ends 2 hours before each Mass starts.
- For phone booking call Marlene McCallum on 07748 817878 between 10am and 8pm
Here is what to expect when you come to church for Mass:
- Volunteers will be at church to welcome and assist you. Please follow their guidance.
- All are asked to wear face-coverings in the church. Please bring your own if you have one. There will be some at church for those who don’t have one. Children under 5 years are exempt from wearing face-coverings.
- Please sanitise hands on entry and exit using the dispensers provided.
- A volunteer will guide you to the designated seating which maintains 2m social distancing. Please only sit where the welcomers direct you to.
- Personal lighting of votive candles is not allowed at this time.
- Distribution of Holy Communion: please remain in the pews to receive Holy Communion. If you are receiving, please put out your hands as I pass along the empty pews. After Communion, Mass will finish as usual and then the passkeepers will direct you to leave the church one pew at a time.
Those with underlying health conditions requiring shielding and long-term health conditions requiring a flu jag should follow Scottish Government guidelines in deciding whether to come to church or not.
If you have any Covid-19 symptoms (fever, cough, loss of smell or taste), PLEASE DO NOT ENTER THE CHURCHES. Thank you for your cooperation.