There are active St Vincent de Paul Conferences in both St John the Baptist and St Kentigern Their main work is visiting people within their local community who may be lonely, sick, housebound or having problems. They provide a listening ear and, if appropriate, advice or material help. They are also happy to cooperate with other local groups and caring professionals.
Other Activities include:
- Providing an annual caravan holiday for a needy family
- Jointly celebrate twice yearly Masses for the Sick
- Senior Citizens Summer Outing
- Senior Citizens Christmas Party
- A shared fund raising Bring n’ Buy/Raffle/Tombola for their respective twin conferences in India.
- support the Fresh Start Starter Pack Service which provides new tenants who have
- been homeless with essential items to set up a new home.
St John the Baptist’ Conference meet every three weeks after Wednesday morning Mass in the Parish House.
St Kentigern’s Conference meet every Sunday after 9.30 am Mass in the Side Chapel.
St John the Baptist:
President: Marie Allan
Secretary: Margaret Mawdsley
Treasurer: Breda Lindsay
President: Paddy Ferry
Secretary: Margaret Robertson
Treasurer: Derek Whiting
They can be contacted on Sundays after morning Mass or via the Parish House.
Further information about the work of the SSVP in Scotland can be found by following the link Society of St Vincent de Paul (Scotland)
Ss John the Baptist and Kentigern is a Parish of the Archdiocese of St Andrews and Edinburgh, registered charity No. SCO08540