If you or anyone you know is in need of assistance during this time please contact us via the parish email (email@example.com) or phone (0131 334 1693).
The Roman Catholic Parish of St John the Baptist and St Kentigern is a vibrant, family-friendly community of faith serving the north-west of Edinburgh.
- Pastoral Letter from Archbishop Leo Cushley on the Covid-19 crisis ‘Let’s return to Mass and keep Sunday holy’
- Coming to church for Mass (go here for weekly Mass schedule)
- We have started celebrating Mass in the churches again. Numbers are limited to 50 so you must book a place before you come. Two ways to book: online with Eventbrite or by phone (only for those who cannot book online).
- For online booking follow these links
- St John the Baptist
- St Kentigern
- Follow the links, select the Mass you wish to attend that week (‘Select A Date’) and select the number of tickets you want to book. Only book multiple tickets for a single household who will sit together. You must enter the name of each individual person in the booking. If you are booking for someone else please make a separate booking for each household. Name and contact details for each booking must be supplied. Booking opens on Monday 9am for the following week. Booking ends 2 hours before each Mass starts.
- For phone booking call Marlene McCallum on 07748 817878 between 10am and 8pm
- Facebook page – ONLINE MASS
- For those still shielding at home the Sunday 9.30am Mass at St Kentigern’s is livestreamed to the Facebook page. Mass is also livestreamed from the Oratory at 9.30am on Wednesday and Friday.
- Please note that you don’t need to have a Facebook account to view this.
- Weekly newsletter
- E-newsletter – If you would like to receive the newsletter direct your email, enter your email address in the green banner that appears at the top of this webpage. Please be aware that the email address associated with Mailchimp is a new one dedicated for this purpose only (firstname.lastname@example.org). Once you sign up you may need to check your spam folder initially to find messages and then approve the email as ‘not spam’ or similar. Please continue to use the parish email address for all correspondence. The newsletter will continue to be posted on the website also in the usual place.
- Sunday readings
- Spiritual Resources
- Media Gallery button – click on the button in the bottom right corner of the website for access to Catholic content from Shalom World TV.
- Sacraments & Ceremonies
- Bank Standing Order form
- If you are able to support the parish by Standing Order, please complete this form and send it to your bank or use online banking to set it up.
- Gift Aid Declaration form
- If you are eligible for Gift Aid and haven’t completed one already, please complete this form and return it to the Parish Office. If you have already signed up for Gift Aid you do not need to sign again if you are transferring to Standing Order payments.
- Useful Community Information
Our current Mass schedule is suspended for the time being. For details of current Mass times see opposite.
6.00pm (Saturday Vigil) and
11.30am St John the Baptist
9.30am St Kentigern
Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday
9.30am – St Kentigern
Wednesday & Friday
9.30am – St John the Baptist
Holy Days of Obligation:
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament:
Saturday: 10.00 – 10.30am
Sacrament of Reconciliation:
Saturday: 10.00 – 10.30am
Saturday: 5.15 – 5.45pm
St John the Baptist
How to find us:
for contact details and directions
Ss John the Baptist and Kentigern is a Parish of the Archdiocese of St Andrews and Edinburgh, registered charity No. SCO08540