HcL Transport – Service Update
Our Dial-A-Bus services (which take people with mobility challenges to local shopping centres / supermarkets) are sadly suspended at this time. Of course, in the current situation, the members of your community that would use this service are predominantly in isolation / shielding
Our Dial-A-Ride service (which takes people with mobility challenges to any destination of their choice) is running a limited service during the current situation. We are still taking passengers with mobility challenges to essential medical appointments. We will, where we can, provide other supported travel within government guidelines. For example if an elderly person or someone with a disability needs to attend a funeral we will try to support these requests.
Bishop’s Conference of Scotland
- BCOS has formed a Covid-19 Working Group for Infectious Disease, chaired by the former Chief Medical Officer for Scotland, Sir Harry Burns. It will propose procedures and protocols that will allow us to progress safely and in stages towards the opening of our churches, first for prayer, and later on for Mass, even if in a curtailed form. Please see today’s press release on the BCOS website: https://www.bcos.org.uk/News/tabid/113/Default.aspx
Volunteering in the Community
- Information about how to volunteer at Ready Scotland
Edinburgh City Council NW Area – News, Information and Event roundup
- The latest Edinburgh City Council NW Area Newsletter containing a roundup of useful information can be found here.
- Spiritual resources
- In times like this, prayer is of immense importance and I do urge you all to turn to the Lord, our refuge and our strength. We are constantly told in Sacred Scripture not to be afraid and to trust in God. While we must follow all the public health advice about what to do to stay healthy and prevent the spread of the virus, we must also raise our hearts and minds to our loving Saviour and offer prayers for everyone: the human family across the planet as we all face this situation together; our nation and it’s leaders, our community, our family & friends and ourselves. We pray especially for those who have become ill, those self-isolating, those who labour on the front lines of our health services. We pray too for those who have died and their grieving families. May the good Lord bless and comfort us all.
- Sacraments & Ceremonies
- Information about Baptism, Weddings, Funerals and other Sacraments and ceremonies during this time of restriction.
Ss John the Baptist and Kentigern is a Parish of the Archdiocese of St Andrews and Edinburgh, registered charity No. SCO08540