Archbishop Cushley’s Pastoral Letter
- Pastoral Letter from Archbishop Leo Cushley on the Covid-19 crisis ‘Let’s return to Mass and keep Sunday holy’
Media Gallery button
- Click on the orange button in the bottom right corner of the website for access to Catholic content from Shalom World TV.
MASS LIVE ON LINE
St John the Baptist, Corstorphine
- Daily at 9.30am from the Oratory here
St Margaret’s, Davidson’s Mains
- Sunday at 11.00am here
St Francis Xavier, Falkirk – St Francis Xavier Church Live Webcam Stream | MCN Media Live Streaming Falkirk
- Live streaming of Mass at 10 am every morning
- Moreover, the streaming continues during the day and night, which means it’s possible to ‘visit’ and pray with the Blessed Sacrament.
St Mary of the Assumption, Bo’ness – rcboness.org/live
- Sunday Mass at 10am every week
Aid to the Church in Need – https://acnuk.org/resource/online-masses/
- A compilation of Online Masses
Redemptorists – Sunday Mass online
Word on Fire – Daily Mass with Bishop Robert Barron
Shalom World TV – www.Shalomworld.org/live
- Holy Week schedule
- Papal Mass broadcast every day at 6:55am GMT
- Holy Mass Live every day from Portlaoise Church (Ireland) at 10am GMT
Act of Spiritual Communion:
While you are unable to get to Mass you can follow the ancient spiritual tradition of uniting yourself to the Lord Jesus by making an Act of Spiritual Communion.
My Jesus, I believe that You are in the Blessed Sacrament. I love You above all things, and I long for You in my soul. Since I cannot now receive You sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart. As though You have already come, I embrace You and unite myself entirely to You; never permit me to be separated from You. Amen
You can find the weekly Sunday Readings here.
Daily Divine Office and readings at Mass – https://universalis.com/index.htm
- Make sure you select the calendar for Scotland – Archdiocese of St Andrews & Edinburgh
Eucharistic Adoration live online:
Bishop’s Conference of Scotland:
The Bishops’ Conference of Scotland prayer booklet for when Mass cannot be celebrated publicly is available here.
Stations of the Cross:
On the website at St John Ogilvie’s, Sighthill – http://www.st-john-ogilvie.org.uk/stations/stations_introduction.html
Pope Francis’ Prayer for Protection:
O Mary, you shine continuously along our journey as a sign of salvation and hope.
We entrust ourselves to you, Health of the Sick, who at the Cross were near to the pain of Jesus, keeping your faith firm.
You know what we need and we trust that you will provide for those needs so that, as at Cana of Galilee, joy and celebration may return after this moment of trial.
Help us, Mother of Divine Love, to conform ourselves to the will of the Father and to do what Jesus tells us, He who took our sufferings upon Himself, and took up our sorrows to bring us, through the Cross to the joy of the Resurrection. Amen.
We seek refuge under your protection, O Holy Mother of God. Do not despise our pleas – we who are put to the test – deliver us from every danger, O glorious blessed Virgin.
Rosary on the Coast:
Bishop John Keenan of Paisley Diocese calls us to ask God’s protection against the corona virus. Here is the utube link to the video of this rallying call – https://youtu.be/9XaYwYOYjuc
Bishop Keenan asks us to
- Pray the Prayer for God’s Protection against Covid-19 virus followed by the Rosary each day until the crisis ceases. Here is the link to the pdf of the Protection Prayer on the Rosary on the Coast website – https://www.rosaryonthecoast.co.uk/covid19
- On the Feast of St Joseph (March 19th) he calls for a Rosary Day of Prayer: So pray the Rosary as never before as individuals and in groups.
- He asks us to start a 9 Day Novena starting March 20th – you can choose which one. He suggests: the EWTN Novena invoking St. Joseph – https://www.ewtn.com/cath…/devotions/novena-to-st-joseph-304
A massive collection of spiritual formation podcasts from eminent authors and speakers – https://www.discerninghearts.com/catholic-podcasts/
- (thanks to St Peter’s Morningside for the tip!)
Pray as you Go:
Daily prayer in the Ignatian Spirituality tradition – https://pray-as-you-go.org/
In response to the isolation caused by Covid-19 there is also now, ‘Pray as you Stay‘
Living Perpetually in the Presence of God – a series of reflections with Aneel Aranha inspired by ‘The Practice of the Presence of God by Brother Lawrence
Christian Meditation Online:
Experience the joy of God´s healing presence during Christian meditation this special Lent. As long as the lock-down lasts, we meditate on Skype on Wednesdays at 7 p.m. and Fridays at 7.30 p.m. The up-to-date schedule and connection instructions are here: https://www.meetup.com/Christian-Meditation-Group/events/
Contact info – mobile: 0771 777 2614 Facebook: http://on.fb.me/1cuO5QJ
Rosary Mission for the Month of May
Together with the Rosary Shrine in London, ‘Rosary on the Coast’ and Carfin Marian Shrine, pray the Rosary every day of May at 8pm. Details at https://rosaryshrine.co.uk/may-2020-rosary-mission/